Overpowering the Inner Critic
Quick steps to breaking free
Visualization steps to send it on its way . . .
Practice and repeat until it only takes a second
- Picture your Saboteur in all its detail.
- See the familiar phrases (starting with “You” not “I”) it says to you.
- Add a volume dial & turn it up. Notice where you feel it.
- Put the Saboteur into or onto the transportation and send it!
- Watch it get smaller until it reaches its destination. Poof!
- Tada! Notice how you feel. THIS is your true self. Remember this feeling.
- Picture yourself with strength of purpose & capability.
This is who you REALLY are.
Quick method to de-power the Inner Critic
5 Quick steps when it starts to whisper in your ear
- Notice it and recognize it for what it is – negativity that is untruthful. Notice how and where you feel the impact in your body.
- Observe & evaluate what it’s saying: Notice what it says, when it speaks and how it says it. What is it trying to do? Why now? Is there any thing useful (not usually!)?
- Make the choice—to listen or not. Choose to ignore and then FLIP it! Think about a more real response (i.e. I am doing the best I can and that’s good enough!”)
- Send it on its way (using visualization)!
- Remember all the capable, clever and wonderful things you have done and will do.
Accompanying visualization audio available at www.NavigateAhead.com/Gifts1